OnePlus has been pretty good at releasing software updates. And as usual, it released the Android 10 update for OnePlus 6/6T last month. As it was released in stages, only a few devices got the update before it was halted as certain major issues were found. But it looks like all those issues have now been fixed as OnePlus 6/6T starts getting Android 10 update.
While the security patch has only been updated to October 2019, it has received some major fixes for WiFi, Camera, Fingerprint sensor and more. If you want to know everything that’s changed, then here’s the complete changelog:
- Updated system to Android 10
- Brand new UI for Android 10
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Fixed the fingerprint identification issue
- Fixed the animation lag for fingerprint unlock
- Fixed the automatic reboot issue after upgrade
- Improved the performance and fixed known issues
- Wifi Connectivity
- Fixed the 5Ghz WiFi connection
Just like every other rollout, this update is being rolled out in stages. This means only a few number of users will receive it today. But if everything goes well and if no bugs are found, then it’ll start rolling out to other users. Please don’t be in a hurry to get the update as you might regret it if major bugs are found. Also, it’s not recommended to use the Oxygen Updater as you might end up getting a build with some major bugs. So, just wait for the update and let it arrive on your device – naturally.